1. The Applicant acknowledges and represents that he fully understands that by accepting this Application
neither the Chicago Rabbinical Council (hereafter "cRc") nor any of its officers or representatives represent or
imply that the supervision and certification applied for will be granted by the cRc.
2. The Applicant fully understands that certification and endorsement by the cRc depends on many factors,
and that the cRc may, at its sole discretion, for reasons that it may not disclose to the Applicatant, reject this
Application and refuse to endorse or to give certification to the product or establishment.
3. The Applicant promises that he will not disclose any of the negotiations that may be entered into between
himself and the cRc subsequent to the date of this Application.
4. After preliminarily reviewing this Application, the cRc will require an initial inspection of the premises. The
Applicant shall make available his premises for inspection at a time convenient to both the cRc and Applicant.
Applicant shall provide the cRc with all further information that the cRc will require, either prior to said
inspection or subsequent thereto, including, but not limited to, a list of all ingredients used in the production,
names and sources of all supplies, a description of the manner of production, etc.
Applicant agrees to pay cRc an application/initial inspection fee and reimbursement for all expenses directly
related to conducting the initial inspection of Applicant'sfacility. The application/initial inspection fee will be
specified in writing prior to the scheduling of the initial inspection, at which time the Applicant shall have the
right to withdraw this application.
It is understood that the cRc shall, at its sole discretion, determine the acceptability of any endorsement or cer-tification of any product used by the Applicant in its operation.
5. If and when certification is granted by the cRc, it shall be pursuant to certain contracts entered into by and
between the cRc and the Applicant. Said contract will contain the conditions and terms upon which cRc will
supervise and grant certification. Applicant clearly understands that the cRc shall charge an annual fee for its
supervision and certification.
6. The Applicant further warrants
and promises that he will not publish, announce, advertise, or in any way
suggest or represent to anyone by means or media whatsoever, that his product or establishments have cRc
Certification unless and until he receives a letter from the cRc informing him that Certification is granted and
that Applicant has permission to use the cRc emblem and to advertise this fact.
7. The Applicant, for himself, his heirs, executors, and ensigns, releases and forever discharges the cRc, its
officers, members, representatives, and agents from any and all damages that it may have sustained, or any
claims it may have at any time against said cRc, its officers, members, representatives, and agents, arising out
of any act or omission caused, or claimed to have caused, in any manner whatsoever in connection with
inspection, endorsements, or certification of any of Applicant's products, operations, or establishments, or
caused, or claimed to have been caused by the refusal in granting said certification.
8. The Chicago Rabbinical Council covenants and agrees that it will not communicate or divulge to, or use for
the benefit of any other person, partnership, association, or corporation, any of the trade secrets, formulae, or
secret processes, used or employed by the company in, or about its business, that may be communicated to
the cRc by virtue of this application.